Get Midi note from ableton Live

Low level MIDI support via Javascript

Get Midi note from ableton Live

Postby bigbabou » Tue May 13, 2014 3:00 pm

Hello,

In this example : http://jazz-soft.net/demo/MidiInput.html I try for some hours to get the midi notes played in my midi clip in ableton like it was describe in this post viewtopic.php?f=2&t=843.

I manage to get the note played from my KORG Nano Control (as long I configure it Abelton and I don't know if it's the good way :) ) But, what I would like to get are the notes played in ableton and I never managed to get the note displayed by jazz-note like in this capture of this post viewtopic.php?f=2&t=843#p1265 ?
I also try with an axiom 25 with the same result.

My knowledge in midi are quite minimal (I plug, touch some button an dit work in ableton) and I don't know if I'm doing something wrong in midi-in / midi out, midi configuration screen etc ... And I'm totally lost in the numerous topic on the subject over the web.

Sometimes (depend from the midi configuration) the list in the demo of midi input prevent midi to select the device. they are listed but when I click on the controller in the list the "not connected" stay selected.

So, afeter all my questions are :
- Can I really get the midi note played in ableton live or I misanderstood the problem in the post I have mentionned or the demo ?
- Is the controller necessary for this demo to work ?
- Is there someone who have already done this with ableton and can give some basic settings to activate ?
- Is there some check to do with my midi conf or some typical troubleshouting (I'm under windows 7) ?

thanks in advance for your reply !
And well done for the plugin, some nice app build with it !
bigbabou

Re: Get Midi note from ableton Live

Postby sema » Wed May 14, 2014 10:25 am

I'll try to get a copy of Ableton software to look at the issue closely...
sema
Site Admin

Postby bigbabou » Thu May 15, 2014 2:07 pm

Thanks Sema, my live version is 8.3.4.
bigbabou

Postby sema » Thu Nov 06, 2014 4:26 pm

The problem is fixed. Please download the latest build of the MacOS plugin.
Thanks again to Ableton Support team for their kind help!
sema
Site Admin

Return to Jazz-Plugin